|Prior to showing your house to prospective
buyers or Realtors, take these few easy
steps to ensure success!
- Clean the whole house - like your mother is
- Hide clutter - or remove it from the premises, a
storage unit can be very helpful while your house
is on the market.
- Take down all or most personal photos (people
want to be able to see themselves in your home,
- Do the dishes! The kitchen is one of the best
selling points, nothing makes it look or smell
worse than dirty dishes. Put a fresh squeeze of
lemon down the disposal.
- Boil a pot of water with cinnamon sticks (don't
burn!) an hour before the showing. Make sure to
turn off and discard before buyers arrive.
- Remove EVERYTHING from your bathroom
counter, except maybe a single candle or soap.
- Take all magnets and personal effects off your
- Turn on all or almost all of the lights.
- Open the curtains to let in light (as long as you
have a clean view).
- Vacuum with a fresh vacuum bag.
- Tidy up closets (buyers will look in them!)
- If weather permits, leave a window open to let in
- If you have pets, arrange for them to be away
from the house or contained during the showing.
- If you smoke, remove all evidence of ash trays
and cigarette butts.
- House plants are great, as long as they are
watered and groomed. If they are dead or dying
get them out of the house. No plants are better
than dead ones.
- Make a list of your TOP 10 favorite things about
your house that may not be obvious to Buyers
and Realtors. Give it to your agent to share in the
listing (for example: Huge pantry, built-in ....,
extra deep garage, RV parking, custom cabinets,
surround sound, etc.)
Remember, the way a house needs
to look to buyers is VERY different
than the way most people LIVE in
|Light, Bright and Airy
Real Estate Home Staging and Detailing
Serving Paso Robles, Templeton, Atascadero
and Coastal San Luis Obispo County!
If we can’t
help you, we